Decorating the baby’s room without spending money is possible, because with a little skill and some free time you can make incredible crafts with which to give a special and unique touch to the newborn’s room. In Sapos y Princesas we have selected 4 original and cheap ideas in which you will only need to buy wall paint, build your own shelves and even recycle other furniture.
1. Stencil painting
To give a different touch to the walls of your child’s room, you will not need to call a painter or a professional wallpaper. Here we teach you how to decorate them cheaply and in a very simple way.
- Special paint for children’s rooms in white
- Sturdy cardboard
- Masking tape
- Sponge roller
- Draw the shape of a cloud on the cardboard and cut out with the help of the utility knife. Make sure to leave the edges smooth as this will be the template we will paint the room with.
- If you want to have a uniform design on the wall, take a meter and draw some small signs, all of them at the same distance, on which you will then put the template.
- Put the outline of the cloud on the marks and fix with a little masking tape to the wall.
- Use the roller to color the inside of the template. Repeat this operation as many times as you want.
- Let the paint dry.
2. Picture with stuffed animal
If you want the baby’s room to contain something special from your childhood, don’t forget to follow the steps we give you to make an original painting with one of the stuffed animals you played with when you were little.
- 1 picture frame
- Wood painting
- Fabric and frame
- 1 stuffed animal of your choice
- Hot silicone
- Place the fabric on the chosen hoop.
- In the center of the canvas stick your favorite stuffed animal with a funny pose.
- Put everything on the frame.
- Paint it in a color according to the decoration of the room.
3. Easy shelving
Hang the stuffed animals that your baby has from some fun swings made with branches and rope . A very simple way to decorate the baby’s room without spending money.
- Tree branches
- Drill and bit
- Nylon rope
- Hooks to hang from the ceiling
- Find or buy some wooden branches trying to make all of them of a similar thickness.
- Cut the branches with a saw to adapt them to the size you want and avoid having tips.
- Don’t forget to sand the edges.
- With the drill, make a hole through which the string can fit, located two inches from each end.
- Pass the rope and tie.
- Once you have your swings you just have to hang them from the ceiling and place your child’s favorite stuffed animals on them.
4. Wild shooters
Original handles can completely change the look of a piece of furniture . With this idea you can reuse a dresser that you have at home.
- Dresser or chest of drawers
- Plastic animals
- Security screw
- Marker pen
- Optional: paint or special spray for plastic
- Paint a sign in the center of each of your plastic animals.
- Use the drill to make a hole from one end to the other.
- Pass the security screw through the hole.
- You only have to change the old knob of your chest of drawers or chest of drawers for the new handle.
- You can still give it a more original touch by painting all the animals in a single color. If you are going to do this step, do it before you put the handles on the cabinet.
If you liked these ideas to decorate the baby’s room without spending money, you may also be interested in the proposals we have for children to have their own artistic creation area or the tips to keep your children’s room tidy.
Do Know Want More.