Getting sugar-free desserts that are very rich is easier than you imagine. And, in addition, it is highly recommended, because we take too much in our diet, especially for children. Fortunately, the market offers quite a few substitutes with which delicious desserts can be prepared. Here we offer you five good examples, almost all with fruits, which are also the star ingredient in our smoothies for snacks.
1. Raspberry cream
This dessert has a beautiful presentation, it is delicious and you will have it ready in less than 15 minutes. What more could you want! And you can substitute the raspberries for blueberries or chopped strawberries. Or for a mixture of the fruits that you like the most: mango, kiwi, peach …
- 400 g of fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of stevia
- ½ l of whipping cream
- Wash and dry the raspberries carefully and reserve some for garnish. Put the others in a bowl, add the lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of stevia. Stir well and let it sit for about ten minutes for the mixture to settle.
- Assemble the cream, which must be very cold, with electric rods. When it begins to take consistency, add the remaining stevia and continue beating until it is about firm snow.
- Crush the raspberry and lemon juice mixture and divide it into six glasses or bowls. Add a few tablespoons of whipped cream and stir. Garnish with a topped whipped cream and reserved raspberries and serve.
2. Chocolate delicacies
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup of applesauce
- 1 tablespoon mild olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ⅓ cup of chocolate chips or chocolate for sugar-free desserts
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl: the oatmeal, cocoa powder, baking soda, yeast, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients: apple puree, oil, honey, egg, vanilla extract, and milk, and stir until well combined.
- Pour the dough obtained into a baking dish of about 24 × 24 cm lined with greaseproof paper. Sprinkle the chips or chocolate for desserts, previously chopped.
- Bake in a preheated 180 ° C oven for 12 to 16 minutes, until done. Don’t overbake the dough or it will be dry. Remove from the oven and let it cool before cutting into squares.
3. Watermelon skewers with cream
These refreshing and nutritious kabobs are perfect for a summer snack. To the vitamins and minerals of the fruit, we add the calcium and the proteins of the cheese and the lime cream that is served to accompany.
- ¼ of watermelon, better without seeds
- 1 cup of fresh mint leaves
- 225 g fresh cheese
For the cream
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 200 g cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon liquid stevia
- Remove the rind from the watermelon and cut it into cubes of similar size. Remove the seeds if you have them. Cut the fresh cheese in the same way. Wash and dry the mint leaves.
- Skewer the watermelon, mint leaves, and cheese, alternating between them. Cover with film and reserve in the fridge.
- To make the sauce, beat the cream cheese in a stand mixer or with an electric stirrer. Add the rest of the ingredients and continue beating until you get a smooth cream. Serve it as an accompaniment to the skewers.
4. Lemon cheesecake
In our selection of sugar-free desserts we include a classic, the cheesecake, but renewed. The base is very different from the traditional biscuit and the lemon touch of the cream is simply delicious.
For the base
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened grated coconut
- 1 cup of ground almonds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- A few drops of sweetener or 1 teaspoon of pure honey
- ½ cup butter softened
For the cream
- The juice of 3 lemons
- 1 ½ teaspoon powdered gelatin
- 225 g cream cheese
- 1 cup of liquid cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons of liquid stevia
- Lemon zest
- Mix the ingredients for the cake base in a food processor and mix. You can also mix them by hand.
- Roll out the dough in a rectangular pan measuring about 20 x 30 cm, so that there is an even layer.
- Beat the cream cheese with the liquid cream, salt, and stevia, in a stand mixer or with electric stirrers.
- Mix the gelatin with the strained lemon juice and heat it over the fire following the directions on the package. Remove and let it temper. Add it little by little to the cream cheese and beat at low speed, just enough so that it is well integrated.
- Pour this cream over the almond base; it should be level. Let the cake set in the fridge for at least three hours. Serve cut into squares and sprinkled with the lemon zest.
5. Chocolate covered strawberries
This is a very simple dessert, with very few ingredients and the only sugar it provides is that contained in the strawberries naturally because the chocolate we use is black. Of course, make sure it is special to melt. The oil that is added is necessary so that the chocolate is brighter and, above all, so that it does not crack.
We advise you to prepare these snacks from one day to the next because the strawberries are juicier. But leave them in the fridge until serving time.
- 500 g strawberries
- 175 g of dark chocolate fondant for desserts
- 2 teaspoons mild olive or sunflower oil
- grated coconut
- Chopped almonds
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper. Chop the chocolate and put it in a microwave-safe bowl and add the oil. Put the grated coconut and the chopped almonds in another two bowls.
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave until melted; do this in several intervals, of thirty seconds each, stirring each time.
- Wash the strawberries and dry them very well. Grab a strawberry by its stem and dip it in the hot chocolate, trying to get most of it covered.
- Leave it on the tray and repeat the process with the other strawberries. Dip a few, half in the grated coconut and others in the chopped almonds. Do it immediately after covering them with the chocolate, so that it adheres well.
- Leave them in the fridge for about thirty minutes, until the chocolate is firm.
If you liked this recipe, here are some variations and great tips to prepare a good chocolate fondue. See more: Tips and recipes for healthy eating | Light and healthy recipes for the whole family